Tuesday, January 23, 2007

LOVER ALL ALONE: written and performed by Clay Aiken


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





TWO SIDES OF THE COIN
TWO MOVEMENTS OF A SYMPHONY
TWO VIEWS OUT THE SAME WINDOW
TWO POEMS




There’s only now
There’s only this
There’s just this moment that exists

Grab it
Keep it
Savor it
Add some spice and flavor it

There’s just this day
There’s nothing more
There’s no way of knowing what’s in store

Can’t trust in tomorrow
Don’t remember yesterday
There’s always, only, just today

Notice it
Touch it
Cherish it
Hold it in your heart and nourish it

Stars may go nova
And planets collide
This moment’s your world – live it alive.
Geni 2007



4 a.m. thoughts


It doesn’t help to be wiser
When you’re older too

It doesn’t help to dream
When you know it can’t come true

It doesn’t help to cry
Alone at night in bed

And wish you could have known
Where the path had led

But who is wise enough
To see how it all will end

That life will not forgive
And youth won’t come again

That life is short
But nights have hours to fill

That wisdom only brings regrets
And dreams will haunt you still

Perhaps it’s best to not have known
And yet, you still regret it

To not have known just what you want
While there’s still time to get it
Geni 2007

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I found my way here in spite of whatever rejection you were speaking of.

Very thought provoking poems.
I can relate somewhat.

You blog looks very nice...I like the welcome graphic.

Great share!!...Thanks
N aka mobamalady

Anonymous said...

The song is certainly the perfect background for reading your poems. Love the first, and loved the second even before the editing. Keep on writing poetry and we'll keep on cherishing it.

jean

Anonymous said...

Nice...oh so nice. I'm happy to have you in my todays
bobs

Anonymous said...

Your poetry always opens doors and demands thought. I treasure it. Ann

Anonymous said...

Okay,I promised myself I would be short and sweet with my comments, but darn it, Jean, you made me do it. Your poems brought to mind one of my favorite Dorothy Parker poems:
There's little in taking or giving,
There's little in water or wine;
This living, this living, this living,
Was never a project of mine.
Oh, hard is the struggle, and sparse is
The gain at the top,
For art is a form of catharsis,
And love is a permanent flop,
And work is the province of cattle,
And rest's for a clam in a shell,
So I'm thinking of throwing the battle-
Would you kindly direct me to hell?
Ann