Saturday, April 14, 2007

CLAY'S AFGHANISTAN APPEAL - $100,000 IN 10 DAYS

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



"We can do this. I've just returned from Afghanistan. The children there need our help today. Let's give UNICEF our support." - Clay Aiken

(this is a copy of Clay's letter of April 12)
Hello Friend,

I've been visiting UNICEF field locations in Afghanistan for the past week. Today, I'm writing to tell you what I've seen and ask for your help.

On my trip, I met Fwazia (we’re in the picture above). She is 11 years old. Fwazia attends a unique school where boys and girls from grades 1-9 share classes and study in the open. The school is in urgent need of funding to buy tents and materials to build a new school. This will give more children the opportunity to go to school.

Let's aim high and work together to raise $100,000 in 10 days to support UNICEF's work in Afghanistan. Join me in standing with UNICEF to support the kids of Afghanistan.

Give online with confidence. If you contribute $50 or more by April 22nd, UNICEF will e-mail you my exclusive field report, in a PDF file format, with some of my own photos from the trip that won't appear anywhere else. As my personal thanks to those of you who are able to donate $1,000 or more, we'll mail an autographed copy of my report.

The children in Afghanistan need help now. Please join me in making a donation today

Sincerely,

Clay Aiken,UNICEF Ambassador
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



P.S. I'm so inspired by the change we can make together. Please pass this message on to your friends and family asking them to support UNICEF's work.

note from geni. Can you believe Clayfans had already donated $40,000 in one day and by April 14 $90,000 had been donated. Here is a link to the UNICEF site if you care to donate yourself. Or just read more about the project when you click below.
UNICEF page.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember in high school going "trick or treating" for UNICEF. Its a worth while profect and I'm glad to know that Clay is working with them.
Naomi

Anonymous said...

I really believe this kind of person to person help for the Afgans is the ONLY way the U.S. can win the fight against the Taliban and the Osama Ben Laden followers. Even our military brass have said a military "win" is not possible. This is a cause to which I will make a contribution (although pitifully small). 'Way to go, Clay, and everyone who cares and contributes. Thanks to you, Jean, for spreading the word! Ann :)

Anonymous said...

UNICEF has a spot where Canadians can contribute to Clay's request and I'll do so before the day is over. The more people who know about this drive, the better.

Jean.

Dianne Barbee said...

Geni,

Glad I dropped by and read your blog. Congratulations on a very thorough job in telling the story of Clay and Afghanistan!

You should have "hollered" about the link. I just sent it to you via CV, as well as the OFCMB.

Have a great weekend!

Caro

Dianne Barbee said...

Geni,

The UNICEF link looks good. You have another OFC PM. We must stop meeting like this. *g*

Caro