Wednesday, April 04, 2007

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

my life now

i've almost reached nirvana
i remained cool at the the DMV
they said i needed receipts
i wistfully said, i see

i guess i'm finally mellowing
aging like fine old wine
i didn't rant and scream today
i'm learning about time

there's so much we're allotted
there's this and then we're through
i want to laugh and sing my life
before i say adieu.
geni 2007

I've lived a middlin’ amount of time on this Earth and still don’t know jacksh..t about life. Those lists of ”THINGS I’VE LEARNED” are real nice, but usually not real practical and certainly not applicable to everyone. I don’t know who writes those lists (I think they’re usually too embarrassed to sign their name) but I can’t for the life of me figure out why they would recommend some of this. I bet they don’t follow it themselves.

Here’s some advice from others that I’ve gleaned from my “FILES OF USELESS THINGS I’VE SAVED AND WILL NEVER READ AGAIN OR IF I DO READ THEM WILL NEVER FIND A USE FOR THEM”

Smile at everyone you meet. (you could attract undesirables that way, y’know)
Do a good deed once a day. (not advisable – then people come to expect it from you and are ungrateful)
Save your money. (nahhhhh….no fun)
Forgive your enemies. (why? They’re your enemies….they’re not nice people)
Eat a healthy diet and exercise. (yeah, like that’s gonna happen……)
Don’t worry about small things.(no wait, those are the only problems you have the slightest chance of solving.)
Live on a budget. (What’s a budget anyway?)


I’m quite sure I can do better than those people who make those lists. Well, if not better, at least my list is not so hard to do and it’s my list and I can put anything I want on it.

GENI’S THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO DO LIST (maybe)




CLICK ON THE PIC TO ENLARGE
Pet every dog you meet (be sure it’s wagging its tail before you do that, though)
You can try to pet a cat but that’s usually not successful, considering how stuck up cats can be.
Laugh at least once a day.




If the sun is shining, be sure and turn your face to it.
If it is snowing, see if you can catch a snowflake on your tongue.
If it is night, be sure and look at the stars for awhile.
Sing every chance you get and always very loudly.
If you can’t sing, hum.
Don't just smell the flowers, pick all those suckers you can.




Cuss if you want to. Scatologicals are not against the Ten Commandments, y’know.
Eat the things you like to eat, especially if it’s chocolate.
Never give a cheap gift and tip generously. (honest, you often get better gifts in return.)
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom when you’re away from home.
Go to every Clay Aiken concert you can possibly afford and find transportation to.




Call or email a friend or two just to say hi.
Don’t drink enough to get drunk (it embarrasses your friends)
Don’t take any crap from anyone.


GENI’S THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT LIFE LIST
(These are the only things I know for certain.)

1. Life is short.
2. Life is good.
3. Do the best you can with what you’ve got to work with.

That’s it folks, works for me.

it’s just me, geni


“I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

please leave a comment and tell me what you have learned about life in your years on this planet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geni,

This is quite a blog and I don't have time to answer it without thinking about what you asked us to do. Will give it some thought.

hugs, Jean.

Anonymous said...

Your list and mine seem to agree! I have only one to add and that's never put doing what you'd like to do....if you do you may never get the chance. I'm sorry that the comment I made didn't end up getting seen by you last time.(not that it was much). I really enjoy your blogs and look forward to the next one!
Naomi

Anonymous said...

SCATOLOGICALS ?????
Excuse me while I leave your thoughtful site and go to...
WWW.DICTIONARY.COM
b.f.b.
(bobs)

Anonymous said...

Life Lesson Lists? I like yours, but none have worked for me. Mine are reduced to: 1. Use lots of Alpha Hydroxy products on my face, 2. Try to get to a coastal beach once a year (Try being the key word), 3. Make and take chocolate cakes and apple pies to my sons and grand daughters. 4. If a conversation must begin with, "I only tell you this because I love you." then deep six the conversation. Ann

"Still"Sue said...

Hi, Geni!

Loved your list, especially the one about cutting the flowers, not just smelling them. I took your advice to heart and went out immediately and cut a big bunch of lilacs (from my neightbor's yard)!

Thanks...