Thursday, March 29, 2007

I have been back from Connecticut over a week now and haven’t had a minute to write…so you know how busy I have been. But last week was quite full of just getting caught up at work, working in the yard trying to find the flowers coming up through all the leaves that didn’t get raked last fall, getting taxes done, and meetings after work, and getting poem books ready for our Show Me Clay Fan Club NotaGala gala.


(CLICK ON THE PIC TO ENLARGE IT)

The visit to Connecticut was great……well, except for the 6 inches of snow and sleet we got one night (while you southerners were enjoying 70 degree weather). Harry had to shovel a path off the deck for their dog go get out to pee.






….and except the day I got deathly sick(sorry no pix of this sight) with my usual migraine symtoms (yes sara….it was the cold air that did it, not the two glasses of wine, I’m sure). Harry’s aunt and I had gone out for an early dinner(as we always do when i visit. she's single and my age) and the poor woman was worried sick and had to get me back to Lara's house and it took the two of them to get me in the house. Poor Lara had to try to get hold of a doctor(who wanted to know my allergies and list of medications I was on…as if I was conscious and could tell her) to get my meds (that I don’t take with me any more cause I never have these attacks any more……hmmmmmm) But, Miss Efficiency that my Darlin Daughter, is,she got the RX, put me to bed and checked on me to see if I was still alive, I guess.

Other than that, I had a great time. Grandson Illeas is growing so fast, scooting around everywhere, and laughing and babbling all the time. He has no problem letting his needs be known.




And wanted to let you know about all the other plans in the works. Darling Daughter and I are planning a trip to Hilton Head in June for some fun in the sun.




In August, Mobama, H2, and I are hitting the concert trail just like the teeny-boppers we have become and are planning a road trip in July to Dallas. Yes, I said ROADTRIP. Does that sound like a second-teenhood or what? Hey, you only go around once….you might as well enjoy it. And we are flying to Raleigh in August to hear our Idol in concert again. As you all know, you can’t get too much of a good thing. Hope you are enjoying your time on this planet as much as I am.




Speaking of the yard (remember….. i have AADD and my mind flits around a lot) I LOVE SPRING AND BEING OUTSIDE. The quince, forsythia, and flowering almond bushes are all in bloom….not to mention the crocus, hyacinths, jonquils, and all the tulips, hastas, hollyhocks, lilies, and irises poking their hopeful (hopeful that the deer don’t find them) heads into the sunshine.

Life is good.

it’s just me, geni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geni,

Okay, as usual, loved your blog. It's interesting and informative. Your grandson is beautiful and so is your daughter and I was sorry to hear how sick you were. Where is Hilton Head? Lucky you going to see Clay and now you won't have to travel so far. I'm envious.

Meant to comment a long time ago but haven't felt much like thinking about anything.

luv, Jean.