Thursday, September 13, 2007

GENI IN THE SPOTLIGHTS




Dear loyal and concerned friends,
Just wanted to let you know that all is well and I am home. That nasty gall bladder is only a bad dream – sorta like a nightmare starring Kath y G. Now that I have a little time on my hands, I’m wondering what hospitals do with those extra parts? Maybe I should have asked to take it home so I could preserve it in Lucite or maybe just bury it in my back yard. You know, it was a part of me for many years and it deserves some respect.

And I know that y’all are really as interested in my operation as I am and so want to satisfy your curiosity as to the nature of a gall bladder operation. So hold on to your swivel chair cause I have an anatomy lesson planned that I know you won’t wanna miss.

THE PRECEDURE:
A newer way to remove the gallbladder is called laparoscopic (say "lap-are-oh-skop-ick") cholecystectomy. With this surgery, a laparoscope (a small, thin tube with a scope on the tip of it that is used to see the inside of your body) is used to remove the gallbladder. The laparoscope is put into your body through a tiny cut made just below your navel. Your doctor can then see your gallbladder on a TV screen and do the surgery with tools inserted in 3 other small cuts made in the right upper part of your abdomen. Your gallbladder is then taken out through one of the incisions.
Every good teacher has media now and I know you want to learn more about this spellbinding subject so i have a video which I am selling for a very reasonable price at genihasgall@cheapvideos.com. paypal accepted.

THE VISUALS:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I hope that isn’t a frog that has somehow made its way inside me. Maybe it’s one of those South American ones that the natives use for their poison darts. I bet that’s why I have been so sick.

Oh, wait, maybe this has been the problem all along.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I’m feeling so good now that I’m planning on going to the mall tomorrow because I haven’t been able to get out much lately. I bet I lost at least one dress size since I am rid of that troublesome organ.

and here’s what I look like now.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

it’s just the new me, geni

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geni,

Well, imagine feeling so well after just having surgery. It really is amazing how things have progressed in just over twenty years ago when I had my gall bladder removed. I actually brought my stones home to show everyone and they were all different sizes and quite pretty.

I hope this has done the trick for you and that your troubles are over for good.

hugs, Jean.

Anonymous said...

From this blog I know you are doing well you wild and crazy girl you! So very glad to hear that all went well and also glad to hear that this procedure has been improved so much. Don't get too rambuctious now...surely some healing needs to take place.
Thanks for the good news.
hugz
Nan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that they've found the problem and removed it! Now you don't have to worry about having another attack and being rushed back to the emergency room again! Now that you're feeling so well we'll have to get together for lunch again.
Love ya,
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Thanks for the visuals, you know I'm on a diet. Too bad they didn't give it to you so you could take pix of that and post them too.

You know I can see the resemblance between you and that last pic. Need to go easy on the eye make-up.

Glad to hear you done with this bit. Hope it means you will be all better.

-H